Oregon Web Solutions is a Portland OR based company that specializes in search engine optimization. You might have found us by searching “SEO Portland” in Google. Our philosophy is that ranking your company website and Google Business Listing organically is the best ROI on your marketing dollars. Spending money on traditional advertising mediums such as radio, TV, and print campaigns can have a positive effect and provide your company increased exposure. The problem with these traditional advertising videos is once your budget has run out the advertising stops. When running a Google Ad Words PPC campaign you run into the same problem, and as you budget dries up so do the clicks to your website. Rankings your website organically in Google on other big search engines provides results long after the payments end. In most cases, If you stay active on your website then your search engine rankings will stay consistent, and in some cases even improve. Another factor to consider is that most web searchers do not click on paid listings, and will instead opt for the natural listings. There are two main reasons for this:
Organic listings provide better results for searchers and better conversions for website owners.
Searchers are naturally distrusting of advertising in general and will avoid paid listings if possible.
This is why we believe the best use for your marketing budget is to focus on rankings your website naturally instead of paid campaigns. Achieving organic search engine rankings is not an easy task and that’s why it’s best to hire an experienced search engine optimization company. Computer literate small business owners that wish to attempt this undertaking should be forewarned that on occasion improper SEO work can cause more harm than good. If you choose to go it alone you should follow these rules to insure that you get the best results.
- Only add high quality, relevant, and unique written content to your website.
- Embed YouTube videos and maps into your pages to keep Google happy.
- Build all social media platforms with content and backlinks to your homepage, even if you don’t plan on posting
- regularly on the site.
- Links to your homepage should only come from high Domain Authority Websites
- Low-quality links should be avoided, or be filtered through social networks or tier two Web 2.0 sites.
- Provide link bait for high domain authority sites by adding unique content consistently.
- Use YouTube videos to add high DA backlinks, increase exposure, and drive traffic to your network.
- Engage your social media followers to encourage loyalty.
- Sign up for Google Web Master Tools to analyze your website.
- Tag your posts, photos, and videos with descriptive language to let the Google bot know what your website is all about.
There is a basic rundown of some basic search engine optimization techniques that will help your website rank better. This is by no means an all-inclusive list, but instead a simple rundown to get you started. It’s important to note that it’s better to link to your site with a few high-quality links then thousands of low-quality spam links. I hope this helped get you thinking about the importance of organic rankings. If you would rather hire an experienced SEO company to rank your website in Google then contact us at Oregon Web Solutions.